In the first month since its release, Pokémon Go has been downloaded over 50 million times on the Android platform alone. People spend more time looking at Pokémon Go than they do on Facebook.
Players range in age from 8 to 35, and businesses that are able to leverage the attention of those players are seeing increases in revenue and making record-setting amounts of profit.
Welcome to Business 3.0.
Fun Facts about Pokémon Go
- Pokémon Go was first realized as an April Fools Day prank when Google teamed up with The Pokémon Company for the event in 2014. Source.
- Over 3% of the entire US Android population have not just downloaded but used the app. According to Similar Web, over 60% of those who have downloaded it are using it daily. Source.
- On July 12th, almost 21 million active users engaged in Pokémon Go making it the most popular game ever in the US, beating Candy Crush at its peak. Source.
- Texas A&M opened up its football stadium for Pokémon Go players to avoid trespassing. In over two hours, the stadium was filled with 1,600 players. Source.
- Pokémon Go is pushing the sales of small and local businesses to incredible proportions. Source.
3 Ways to Use Pokémon Go to Get More Traffic to Your Business
- Use Lures
- Offer promotions
- Host events